Shocking and Interesting Facts about Stuttering

How do people usually react when they hear someone stutter? They are the most fun of the stuttering person. And in general how people perceive who stutters? Stupid, stupid, or even a ghost. The competence or personality is always judged by how good a speaker as well. This is a sad reality for many people who are prone to stuttering. Up to 1 percent of the world’s population, it stutters or not, it helps to know and understand the basic facts in the speech condition to put things in better perspective. This is especially useful for parents of children who stutter.

Here are some of the important and interesting facts about stuttering, that people can:

• People who stutter are normal, as not only the ability to fluently words. Not mentally unable to work than others to realize that they are. Stutterers can be as smart as the non-stutterers have.

• Speech disfluency typically begins at the age 2-5.

• Boys are four times more likely to stutter than girls.

• The real cause of stuttering has not been determined.

• Speech disfluency runs in the family, leading scientists to believe that this condition can be inherited.

• Many well-known people in politics and entertainment stuttered and were able to cope with difficulties in speech. The world famous actress Marilyn Monroe among stutterers, British politician Winston Churchill, King George VI, Lewis Carroll, author, musician Carly Simon, and former U.S. President George W. Bush.

• For many people, stuttering gives them a feeling that talking way beyond control. Such a feeling to worry, and concern for the self-image, which is for them to be ashamed of themselves, and are extremely worried every time they speak. The tendency to stutter with fear also makes them speak in front of others.

• The anxiety that people feel, increases the intensity and frequency of stuttering. This creates a cycle that only intensifies the condition.

• stuttering behaviors develop and change a person’s entire life. Most people who stutter experience differences in the level of their speech problem. There are times when you stutter often, sometimes, to stutter a bit.

• In children, there are cases where stuttering seems to disappear on their own, but later goes back to more serious level.

• About 80 percent of young children who stutter eventually outgrow the speech disfluency. The remaining 20 percent of these children are still talking to the other conditions of their lives. These children are usually very quick to speak and fight for it the words seems to be stuck. This behavior increases the likelihood of stuttering in later years.

People with stuttering problems are often misunderstood, and this makes the problem worse for them. It is important to know how to handle and helps family members or friends who stutter, they will be able to cope better condition.

You may also like...
Comments
There are no comments just yet, why not be the first?
Leave a Comment
Add your picture!
Join Gravatar and upload your avatar. C'mon, it's free!